Friday, June 5, 2015

Young Humblebrags of Alaska

“Ugh, I can’t believe I’m turning 40 next year. My wrinkles are gonna look TERRIBLE in this year’s “Top Forty Under 40” class picture.”

“OMG, thanks, but I’ll have to pass on another glass of wine right now. I just got a free first class upgrade to D.C. and I don’t know how I’m gonna handle the unlimited booze.”

“I seriously need new trail running shoes. My old ones are completely thrashed after last year’s Mount Marathon race.”

“Lisa and Dan both asked me to speak at a Congressional sub-committee on the environment, but all I have to wear is a pair of Carharts mended with duct tape and an old bandanna.”

“Hang on, I need to call you back. These guys from The Discovery Channel won’t stop stalking me.”

“I really need to summit Denali again this year; Otherwise I might lose my Patagonia sponsorship.”

"Worst. Day. Ever. Ferry is out of service, I can't find my good powder skis, and I'm supposed to be meeting Warren Miller in Haines three hours from now."

"Outside Magazine is doing a story on my solo kayak trip across the Gulf of Alaska but I'm super stressed out about speaking to the reporter; I don't use paper and I don't have electricity, so I've never read any of his articles."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment