Me: [Through mouthful of popcorn] Is this The Godfather?
Geoff: Two.
Me: Two what?
Geoff: It's The Godfather Part II.
Me: What happens in that one again?
Geoff: Dude. We're not doing this right now.
Me: This was the only sequel that won an Oscar I think. Did you know that?
Geoff: Uh-uh.
Me: [Sits down on other couch with popcorn, 3 minutes elapse] I actually don't think I've ever watched all of the Godfather movies. Like I've only ever seen parts of each of them.
Geoff: Uh-huh.
Me: Is that Al Pacino?
Geoff: Yes.
Me: Is Robert DeNiro in this one?
Geoff: Yes.
Me: Are you sure?
Geoff: AH!! Yes. He plays the YOUNG Vito Corleone in this one. It's a split narrative. Some of the movie takes place in New York in the early 1900s and the rest takes place in Lake Tahoe and Havana I think.
Me: What's the name of Al Pacino's character again?
Geoff: Michael Corelone.
Me: Wait . . Who's that guy?
Geoff: Hyman Roth.
Me: Who's he?
Geoff: He's a Jewish mobster.
Me: Is he double-crossing Michael?
Geoff: AAAAHHHH I said I'm not doing this!!!
Me: Okay okay fine sorry. [5 minutes later] Is Marlon Brando in these movies?
Geoff: No.
Me: Who did he play again?
Geoff: Vito Corleone.
Me: Wait is he the guy played by Robert DeNiro when he's young? Or is that someone else? Is he dead in real life?
Geoff: Do I look like Wikipedia?
Me:
Geoff:
Me: [sees popcorn is gone]. OMG this movie is so boring. I'm going back to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.