Friday, April 29, 2016

Sounding Like a "Drunken Hyena" to a 12 Year-Old Boy is My #1 Squad Goal

If you've ever read this blog before, you know I'm a person with goals. I'm EXTREMELY goal-oriented. 

I guess you might call some of my goals "untraditional" though, since they aren't stuff like "be present" or "exercise 5 days a week." They're more things like, "finish coloring the negative space in this adult coloring book with a blue metallic gel pen," "think up some stupid observation and blog about it," or "spend less money on lunch." And sometimes, you don't even realize you had a particular goal until you've achieved it.

That's what happened last night, when I was hanging out with two of my sister wives. The one who hosted us texted the next day to report that her 12-year-old son, who was in self-imposed solitary confinement upstairs, told her we sounded like "drunken hyenas."

This was one of those moments when, with the help of two good friends, I achieved something remarkable and unexpected: sounding like a drunken pack of hyenas to a 12-year-old boy.

#SquadGoals

No comments:

Post a Comment