Wednesday, May 22, 2019

I Don’t Get It.

I really don’t. I don’t get America under this despotic bullshit.

I don’t get how you can be worried about the government interfering with your guns but be perfectly fine with it interfering with the most intimate parts of your body.

I don’t get how people in power can violate the constitution, the law, and congressional subpoenas with zero pushback or consequences.

I don’t get why who you fuck or marry, or what gender you identify as, or what toilet you piss in, matters to anyone but you.

I don’t get women who cannibalize other women by tearing them down and undermining them.

I don’t get how we have a separation of church and state yet essentially live in a theocracy.

I don’t get how journalists can’t do their jobs anymore or go out in public without the risk of being assaulted.

I don’t get the buzz of trolling for the sake of trolling and abusing other people, laughing at their pain, rejoicing in their failures, mocking their appearance. I don’t get the pure and tragic sadism of that.

But most of all I don’t get the complicity or the complacency or the cowardice. I don’t get how people—smart people—put their own self-preservation ahead of almost everything else.

I don’t get how we can function in a society where the majority of people just put their heads down and keep following orders and endorsing and ignoring what these morally bereft criminals say and do.

I don’t get how people can dehumanize other people with bumper stickers that mock human death and human pain and think it’s funny. I don’t get the sociopathy of that.

I don’t get how we have candidates for the federal judiciary who won’t promise to uphold Brown v. Board.

I don’t get how I can continue to use my time and my voice when it feels like I’m wasting my time screaming into the void and all I feel is depression, alienation, and isolation.

Truly, I do not fucking get it. Not one bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.