Screenshot: New York Magazine
1. Creme brûlée while nuking North Korea: A rich creme brûlée is delectable while you're dropping atom bombs over Kim Jong Un's head. Right about the time your spoon cracks into the hard candy shell stuff on top, the oppressed citizens of North Korea's secretive dictatorship will be feeling the first effects of the mushroom cloud. What a treat!
2. Lemon meringue pie while conducting surface-to-air missile strikes in Yemen: Light and tangy-sweet, the fluffy peaks of a big slice of lemon meringue pie taste scrumptious while blasting surface-to-air missiles over the Haraz mountains. Unbelievably tasty!
3. Organic vanilla bean ice cream while sending ground troops into Somalia: A sweet, creamy scoop of organic vanilla bean ice cream garnished with a sprig of mint tastes terrific as you give the order to send 500 ground troops marching into Somalia. Right as you spoon the last little bit out of the bottom of the bowl is when you learn the number of civilian casualties in the war-torn country's latest civil war. Yum!
4. Raspberry cheesecake before a raid on an air base in Jordan: There's nothing better than a creamy, sweet hunk of cheesecake with a graham cracker crust gobbled down right after you authorize a surprise midnight raid on a Jordanian airforce base. Positively gorgeous!
5. Flourless Mocha torte while conducting drone strike in Pakistan: You know what goes great with drone strikes in Pakistan? A rich, flourless mocha torte. Add a dollop of whipped cream and a crunchy dark chocolate-covered espresso bean, and you've got the perfect compliment to a shock-and-awe style drone attack on insurgent strongholds along the Pakistani border. Delectable!