Sunday, February 26, 2017

The Pajama Game

I don't know why exactly, but the musical "The Pajama Game" was a super popular performance at my sleepaway camp in the late '80s and early '90s. 

Every summer, 20 prepubescent Jewish kids from the suburbs would pretend to be beleaguered factory workers in 1954, and, well, let me just say their acting lacked depth and verisimilitude. 

Yet somehow, I still know every word to "Hernando's Hideaway" and "7 and a Half Cents." Not exactly a good use of precious neurological real estate, is it?

In any event, nowadays the pajama game carries a whole different meaning for me. 

It's a little style game I play with myself: Try to see how close I can get--and how often--to wearing pajamas 24/7 without anyone being able to obviously tell that's what I'm doing; or if they can, the pajamas still vaguely pass as real clothes.

The cotton tunic and leggings look is a great example of this. Also the yoga pants and hoodie sweatshirt. Both of which, by the way, are my two biggest go-to's for pajama clothes.

Like I basically want to get to that point where I can still be a gainfully employed and productive member of society, yet the only difference between getting dressed and putting on pajamas will be that the former involves putting on a bra (and SOMETIMES jeans), and the latter involves taking a bra off.

Other than that, pajamas and real clothes should just always be one and the same.

#LifeGoals

1 comment: