Saturday, December 31, 2016

My Mom Got a Singing Margarita Birthday Card for a 9 Year-Old Like That's Normal

"What? It was the only one that sang AND spun around," my mom said defensively. "I realize it's not appropriate but it needed to have those two things."

Perhaps nothing better captures my mother's unintentional hilarity than this exchange.

"Mom," I said matter-of-factly, "she's nine years old and this card has Alan Jackson singing "It's Five o'clock Somewhere" with a spinning margarita blender. Do you realize how crazy that is?"

"Of course!," she replied. Then: "Are you taking a picture of it to make fun of me on your blog?"

Paige kept opening and closing the card and dancing around the living room as if Jimmy Buffet himself was about to mix her a tall one with salt around the rim.

"Of course,!" I said. "The world needs to know about this." 

3 comments:

  1. Why is this not a video or an animated GIF, Libby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something tells me I would really like your mom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Here's proof.

    LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete