Wednesday, October 19, 2016

My Mom is Cooler Than Me, Part One Zillion

The shoes alone prove it (See Fig. 1). What 71 year-old grandma wears shoes like this? Granted they are extra supportive to help her not fall all over the place, which she has always done, just now with more terrifying consequences. 

But these kicks are fresh.

Also, Francine emerged from the ladies room in the food court of Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo on Sunday to inform me that a full-grown man--who at least outwardly did not appear to be in any phase of transition to another gender--had been using the ladies room at the same time.

I asked if she was uncomfortable and/or if she brought her AK-47 to defend herself against restroom predation, and she said no to both questions. "We're in a post-gender society now," she added with a shrug. "A man wants to use the ladies room? What do I care?"

She also has a good perspective on aging, as reflected in the following text exchange (Fig. 2) where she was letting me know she and my dad made it safely home to their NYC apartment.

That's my mother for you. I had to move 5,000 miles away just to escape the shadow of her dopeness.

Fig. 1


Fig. 2





No comments:

Post a Comment