Thursday, August 4, 2016

Stereotypical Parental Expressions I Have Yelled

"You'll thank me for this someday!"
"Knock it off back there!"
"Don't make me pull this car over!"
"You're never getting iPad/dessert again!"
"Watch your tone of voice!"
"Quit horsing around!"
"Don't make me come down there!"
"Just wait until you have kids!"
"There are people starving in [insert country]!"
"Some people don't even HAVE [insert stuff]!"
"You're acting like a spoiled brat."
"Quit acting like a pig."
"You're behaving like you were raised in a barn."
"Your arms aren't painted on."
"I am not your servant/maid."
"Do not contradict me."
"This hurts me more than it hurts you."
"I hope you're happy with yourself."
"That is QUITE ENOUGH!"
"Do not speak to your mother that way."
"We do NOT SLAM DOORS!"



1 comment:

  1. My most effective threat was, "Which one of you wants your arm broke first?"

    ReplyDelete