Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Netflix Thinks I Might Like 72 Cute Animals and It's Not Wrong

Sometimes I feel like no one really knows me, and it can be really lonely and isolating to feel so misunderstood.

Then when I least expect it, along comes some spam email to my inbox that makes me do a doubletake and realize that at least Netflix feels me at the soul level, because it's always spamming me with pretty accurate suggestions of what I might like. 

Today, Netfkix correctly guessed that I might like 12 episodes of a show called "72 Cutest Animals," which "examines the nature of cuteness and how adorability [is that even a word, much less a scientific term?] helps some animal species to survive and thrive in a variety of environments."

Again: Netflix is not wrong that I might like this show, because I very well might. But if Netflix really knew me, it would know that all of my Netflix time and energy is now devoted to a cute animal named Jax Teller, the main character in Sons of Anarchy. 

I'm very preoccupied at the moment with how this bro's shoulder length blonde surfer hair and black hoodie sweatshirt help him survive and thrive in an outlaw biker gang while smitten with his old high school flame turned accomplished physician. It really plays to my "street-smart-bad-boy-falls-for-book-worm-goodie-two-shoes" fantasy that I've harbored ever since I read 60 Sweet Valley High books in a week in sixth grade.

So I need to Netflix and Chill with Jax Teller for awhile before I can move on to 72 other cute animals. Now 70 cute animals I could probably juggle alongside Jax. 

But 72? I'm afraid that's pushing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment