Thursday, January 21, 2016

Delta Airlines' Breakup Letter to Juneau

Dear Juneau,

I didn't want you to hear it from KTOO or the Empire first, but it now appears it's too late as someone's already broken the story. I'm sorry, I never meant for it to be like this. But I think we should take a break. 

I know we've been through this before, but I want you to know I'm not leaving you. I could never do that. (I'm fogged in). I'm just sort of thinking . . .  like maybe we need some time apart. Specifically Tuesdays and Saturdays. Also southbound flights on Sundays and Wednesdays. 

Not forever . . . just until March when I can figure my shit out a little? At that point I'm pretty sure Sundays could be added back into the schedule. I'm even thinking by May we can sort of pick up where we left off. I don't know. I just kind of have to see what happens.

I think maybe things with us just got too heavy too fast, what with a year-round commitment beginning in the summer of 2015. I guess I didn't anticipate all the demands. Or the lack thereof, I guess I should say. But I'm going to take care of you. If I didn't love you, would I be setting you up and rerouting you with a partner airline? And of course I'll totally give you your money back for that big trip we had planned.

It is what it is, I guess. That's the way life goes, and only time will tell what the future holds. Maybe someday I won't have so many people congregating at my boarding door and all sorts of pressures from my shareholders.

Juneau, part of your business will always live deep inside of me. I want you to know that. You're my MVP, my Platinum Elite. You always challenged me--with your dangerous mountain passes, apocalyptic weather patterns, and specialized pilot certification and clearance required to land in you. 

You really made me grow, and no matter what happens, I will always love you for that.

Take Care,

Delta Airlines

P.S. I'm taking Walmart with me.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time is an incident, Second time a trend, third time a habit. DAL has skipped town 3 times. Hope you all enjoyed the fanfare. Stick with Alaska Airlines.

    Delta stood you up, MarkAir stood you up. Live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Delta got Alaska to pay more attention again.

      Delete
  3. Love it! Well said! LOL! Farewell, Delta AND Walmart!

    ReplyDelete