Thursday, October 8, 2015

I Just Read This Article by Malcolm Gladwell and Therefore I Am an Authority on This Subject

Um, so . . . I just read this article by Malcolm Gladwell, and therefore I am an authority on this subject. 

Wait what? Oh what subject? Oh you know, environmental psychology. The popularity of Hush Puppies. Suicide epidemics. Why Bill Gates is a billionaire. Who's a connector and who's an adapter

That kind of thing.

Have you ever read anything by Malcolm Gladwell? He's super smart. He writes for The New Yorker and he wrote this book called Blink and this other book called The Tipping Point and something else about people being outliers. It might even have been called Outliers, actually.

You need to read Malcolm Gladwell. He will blow your MIND. The shit he points out is crazy and backed up by all this evidence. It's like stuff that would seem obvious but then out of nowhere he tells you that two total strangers invented calculus at the EXACT SAME TIME. And also that the Commissioner of the NYPD saved NYC with broken windows policing. 

He comes at you with this observation that seems really simple. Then he's all like, I'm gonna blow your MIND with this. Then he tells you what "this" is. Then he does a big reveal like a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat and is like, VOILA! See what I did there? Ok, time for the next mind-blowing anecdote.

And you never see it coming.

Anyway, I know what I'm talking about now, because I just read an article by Malcolm Gladwell.  


No comments:

Post a Comment