Thursday, October 8, 2015

38 Is . . .

. . . Feeling like I have what I need, even if it’s not always what I want.
. . .  Worrying about wrinkles and then getting mad at myself for being vain.
. . .  Hoping that not one more of my friends gets cancer. 
 . . . Trying to decide whether to get the “Ashkenazi Panel” genetic testing.
. . .  Hoping my parents stay vibrant, healthy, and able to travel for as long as possible.
. . .  Hoping I don't outlive my kids.
. . .  Wanting my kids to succeed and have good character.
. . .  Wanting to forget it’s my birthday (oh wait, that’s every year).
. . .  Wanting to skip straight to 40 and get it over with already.
. . .  Feeling good about asserting myself.
. . .  Feeling confident that I know right from wrong.
. . . Trusting my own instincts and judgment.
. . .  Worrying more about the future of the world and humanity than ever before.
. . . Feeling confined and boxed-in by my choices sometimes.
. . . Grateful for anti-depressants.
. . . Wishing I could make myself get into a regular exercise routine.
. . . Recognizing that I can't make important decisions or changes for other adults in my life.
. . . Grateful to be here for another year!


2 comments:

  1. I turn 38 on the 17th. I identify with many of these (sub my own children for my nieces and nephew.) Love your writing!

    ReplyDelete