Saturday, September 19, 2015

They Kicked Me All Night Long

For anyone who's ever slept with a toddler:

They had half of my genes
Their diapers weren't clean
They were the worst damn sleepers
That I'd ever seen
They had the wakeful eyes
And those piercing cries
Knockin' me out with those fat toddler thighs
 

Taking more than their share
Had me fighting for air
They told me to wake but I was already there
'Cause the sheets they're taking
There's no mistaking
My body's aching
And they were waking me and they
Kicked me all night long
Yeah they kicked me all night long

You know it's time for bed
Quit messing with my head
My eyelids feel like they are 
Made of lead
I really need to sleep 
Just wanna count some sheep
Made a punching bag out of me 
Those feet are dug in deep
Had to cool me down
To take another round
Now your knee's in my back
You're asking for a snack

'Cause the sheets they're taking
There's no mistaking
My body's aching
And they were waking me and they
Kicked me all night long
They had me wakin' and they 
Kicked me all night long
Yeah they kicked me
Well they kicked me 
They really kicked me and they 
Kicked me all night long
Ooooh they
Kicked me all night long
Yeah, yeah, they
Kicked me all night long
They really woke me and they
They kicked me, yeah they kicked me
All night long



No comments:

Post a Comment