Tuesday, September 29, 2015

If Juneau Was Taylor Swift, Mars Was a Cheerleader, and NASA Was the Guy They Were Fighting Over

You're on the phone with Mars
And she’s upset
She's going off about the water that she has
But she doesn't get your science like I do
I'm in AK
It's a typical rainy night
I'm pelting water on everything in sight
And Mars will never have the liquid that I do

But she has red rocks
I have green trees
She's a big planet
And I'm just a city
Dreaming 'bout the day when you wake up
And find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you can see I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see
You belong with me
You belong with me

Walkin' the streets with you and your astronomy
I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be
Laughing in a huge puddle, thinking to myself
Hey isn't this easy?

And you've got the data that could win a Nobel Prize
I can’t really see it ‘cause there’s water in my eyes
You say you’re fine
I know you better than that
Hey what you doing with a rock like that?

She wears craters
I wear rain boots
She's made of iron and I'm covered in roots
Dreaming 'bout the day when you wake up
And find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you can see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see
You belong with me

Standing by and waiting at your office
All this time how could you not know
Baby, you belong with me
Not just in D.C.

Oh, I remember you plotting my maps in the middle of the night
I'm the one who makes you laugh
When you know you're about to cry
And I know all your favorite grants
And you tell me about your funding
I think you know where you belong
I think you know it's with me

Can't you see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see
You belong with me

Standing by and waiting at your office
All this time
How could you not know
Baby you belong with me
Not just in D.C.

You belong with me
Have you ever thought just maybe
You belong with me
You belong with me


No comments:

Post a Comment