Sunday, September 20, 2015

Hangovers and Kids: Not the Best Combo Ever

The British figured out a long time ago that gin and tonic go together really well. And I just found out that a double gin and tonic in a plastic Solo cup also goes great with another, smaller plastic cup of Kirkland chardonnay from Costco. And as it turns out, a double gin and tonic and a plastic cup of Kirkland chardonnay taste pretty good followed by a vodka gimlet shaken and neat.

And all of that goes together MUCH better than hangovers and kids.

That's what I found out the hard way today, since I had to drink my dinner in order to get up on stage and rap an original O.H.M. rap and sing a Guns N' Roses power ballad in front of 500 slightly-more-drunk than me Juneauties, performances of which the world can now view on Facebook. 

Bottom line post-mortem on that is that it was sort of like sky diving. It was fun once, and I'm glad I did it, but I don't need to do it again. I mean, I've never actually sky dived (dove?) before and I don't plan to. It's called an analogy. Just work with me here. Like I said, I'm not feeling real great at the moment.

Anyhoo, we had the foresight to line both our kids out for sleepovers at very generous friends' houses, so the morning wasn't nearly as brutal as it could have been. And I had the good judgment to leave my car overnight exactly where I'd parked it earlier in the afternoon, before my meal of cocktails.

That said, at about 1:00 p.m. I found myself driving a Honda Pilot full of screaming kids nursing a migraine with Pink playing on the radio in the background. And simply put--it was not OK.

So just in case you're wondering (which you're not), I'm still dining out on the ridonkulousness of last night, as those who have viewed my FB wall have seen through video evidence of the high school talent-show esque "it" that we "brought" in our act.

In the meantime, I need some more iced coffee, and please don't make me be anyone's mommy until this hangover wears off.



No comments:

Post a Comment