Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Call Me Maybe?


I threw my hat in the ring
You know defeat it can sting
And now it's time that I sing
Just what I have to say 

I'd trade my soul for a call
Do I mean nothing at all?
You're like the John to my Paul
But now you've gone away

Your lead was holding
Nice suit
No skin showing
Long night
No one knowing
Where this race was going baby?

Hey you just beat me
And this is crazy
But here's my number
So call me maybe
It's hard to look right at you baby
But here's my number
So call me maybe?

You took your time with the call
Can you imagine the gall
You gave me nothing at all
But still I gotta say

I beg in sorrow and text
You got me asking what's next
The polls had us neck and neck
Things didn't go my way

When you came into my life
You made me so mad
You made me so mad
You made me so so mad
After all that voting strife 
You made me so mad 
And you should know that
You made me so so mad

It's hard to look right at you baby
But here's my number
So call me maybe?

1 comment:

  1. What is it about the particular flavor of fruitcakes that somehow can get the backing to run for office and all to frequently win here in AK? I watched this person ONE TIME on teevee and was overwhelmed with revulsion. I would have gladly watched a year of 'Dallas' reruns than to have been forced to watch her again. That Sen. Sullivan supported her made sense; they would make a stunning couple.

    ReplyDelete