Thursday, January 22, 2015

I Love Nicki Minaj Songs With a Passion that Meets or Exceeds My Loveof Taylor Swift Songs But That is Equally Disturbing and Wrong

The thing about Nicki Minaj is that she has some balls. Balls that my other favorite singer of late--the blonde and bland Taylor Swift--is sadly lacking. (See prior post titled: “I Love Taylor Swift Songs with a Passion that is Disturbing and Wrong"). Every one of Nicki’s albums is stamped with the salacious “PARENTAL ADVISORY: EXPLICIT CONTENT” label, and it’s easy to see why.

Her discography is considerably edgier than Tay-Tay’s, featuring such hit songs as “Stupid Hoe” [sic]; “I’m the Best”; “I Endorse These Strippers”; “Come on a Cone”; “Sex in the Lounge”; “Hell Yeah”; “I’m Legit”; “Va Va Voom”; “Feeling Myself”; “Get on Your Knees”; “Pills N’ Potions”; “Big Daddy”; and “Lookin’ Ass.”

While Tay's tunes have the capacity to take you back to the disappointments of your high school prom, Nicki takes you back to the career you never had on the stripper pole, and the underlying message of all her songs is: "FUCK YOU, MY NAME IS NICKI MINAJ, AND I AM THE SHIT!”

You gotta respect that. Also, she raps incredibly fast and creatively with an unplaceable accent that makes you want to run on a treadmill really fast or go to a spin class. For me, that’s really saying something. It also makes you want to raise your middle finger high in the air, which for me is really not saying much.

Plus, I admire her creative lyrics and refusal to censor herself. Readers of this blog know my dim views on censorship. That’s why I really appreciate Nicki’s poetry: “Ice my wrists and I piss on bitches/You can suck my diznik if you take this jizzes”; “But, fuck you stupid hoe/Yeah, fuck you stupid hoe/I said fuck you stupid hoe/I am the female Weezy"; and my personal favorite: "This dude named Michael used to ride motorcycles/Dick bigger than a tower I ain’t talking about Eiffels/Real country ass nigga, let me play with his rifle/Pussy put his ass to sleep, now he calling me NyQuil/Now that bang bang bang/I let him hit it ‘cause he slang cocaine/He toss my salad like his name Romaine."

Those two lines about Nyquil and Romaine are especially inspired. 
#jealous. #notkidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment