Saturday, January 24, 2015

I Dreamed I Saw the Sun Last Night

(To the tune of "I Dreamed I Saw Joe Hill Last Night")

I dreamed I saw The Sun last night,
Alive as you or me
Says I, "But Sun, you're ten months dead,"
"I never died," says she
"I never died," says she
"In Juneau, Sun," says I to her,
She floating o'er my head,
"They hid you in a bank of fog,"
Says Sun, "But I ain't dead,"
Says Sun, "But I ain't dead."
"The wind and rain, they killed you, Sun,
They hid you, Sun," says I.
"Takes more than rain to kill a star,"
Says Sun, "I didn't die,"
Says Sun, "I didn't die."
And shining there as big as life
And smiling with her rays
Sun says, "What they forgot to kill
Went on to hide in haze,
Went on to hide in haze."
"The Sun ain't dead," she says to me,
"The Sun ain't never died.
Where rain-soaked folks are drowning now
The Sun is at their side,
The Sun is at their side."
"From San Diego up to Maine,
On every beach and run,
Where normal people seem to live,"
Says she, "You'll find The Sun,"
Says she, "You'll find The Sun."
I dreamed I saw The Sun last night,
Alive as you or me
Says I, "But Sun, you're ten months dead,"
"I never died," says she
"I never died," says she


No comments:

Post a Comment