Monday, January 26, 2015

A Cure for the Hiccups

This morning Isaac had a case of the hiccups. The following is a verbatim script of the argument that transpired at breakfast between him and Paige over how to cure them:

Isaac: I need a glass of water [HIC] or I need to hold my breath for ten seconds [HIC].

Paige: You know Isaac, holding your breath doesn’t actually cure the hiccups.
Isaac: Yes it does! [HIC]
Paige: No it doesn’t.
Isaac: Yes it does! [HIC]
Paige: No it doesn’t. And drinking water doesn’t cure hiccups, either.
Isaac: Yes it does! [HIC]
Paige: No it doesn’t.
Isaac: Yes it does!
Paige: No it doesn’t.
Isaac: Yes it DOOOOOOOOOOOOOESSSSSS [WAILING]
Paige: Hey, look! You’re not hiccuping anymore!
Me: Wow Paige, that’s amazing! Did you argue with him on purpose to try to cure his hiccups?
Paige: No, I was just arguing with him. I actually had no idea that was going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment