Monday, November 3, 2014

Seriously: Is It Really That Fucking Hard?

At least ten times per day--in a wide variety of contexts involving people from age 4 to 94--I find myself silently asking the following question: "Seriously, is it really that fucking hard?" More specifically, is it seriously that fucking hard to do any of the following:

1. Flush a toilet in a public restroom.

2. Make a coffee maker and/or a toaster that works.

3. Resist the urge to hit "reply all."

4. Leave me alone when my office door is closed.

5. Leave me alone when my bathroom door is closed.

6. Keep most, if not all, unsolicited opinions to yourself.

7. Keep most, if not all, unsolicited advice to yourself.

8. Stop talking/yelling.

9. Write a coherent English sentence generally free of typos and grammatical errors.

10. Operate and park a vehicle like someone who was not issued their driver's license ten minutes ago (if in fact you were not issued your driver's license ten minutes ago).



No comments:

Post a Comment