Sunday, November 30, 2014

Distressing Signs of Aging

Sheryl Crow and Melissa Etheridge on the cover of AARP magazine. Yes, that is the American Association of Retired Persons, or as my senior citizen father calls it, "America's most odious lobby for rich people, and there are lots of odious rich people lobbies."

Now that Sheryl and Melissa are shilling for a rich senior citizens lobby, I guess that means it's ok that I have arthritis at 37 and a herniated disc in my neck? Ironically, according to my orthopedist, the arthritis is caused by years of athletic overuse. 

Sadly, my attempts to get profoundly lazy in the last decade came too late for my bones. Somewhat ironic, don't you think? Speaking of which, I fully expect to see Alannis Morissette on the cover of next month's AARP magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment