Friday, October 31, 2014

Don't Fuck With This Ginger!

Some celebrities just capture the imagination for whatever reason, and Ed Sheeran is one of them. This little ginger snap hails from the UK and has a big hit song called "Don't" (Fuck With My Love), which has been playing (in a censored version) on Top 40 radio with astonishing frequency lately. He's been "linked" to Taylor Swift and Ellie Goulding and some other 18-24 year old entertainers for the 9-14 year old tween demographic.

Now, I'm the last person to pick on gingers, since I married one and my kids are half-ginger. But as everyone knows, the ginger look works a little better on sexy red-headed women. The idea that this sweet baby orangutan got his heart squished and then wrote a song that includes the lyrics: "I never even saw him as a threat/until you disappeared with him to have sex, of course" just makes me crack up every time.

I don't really know what it is that I find so funny about this. The idea that this kid is cursing out a warning on acoustic guitar against "fucking with his love" in a very erudite British accent? Maybe. Maybe it's also the fairly obvious point that his love got fucked with most profoundly when his girlfriend "disappeared to have sex" with some other dude, presumably not another adorbs ginger? I'm not really sure.

All I know is that Ed Sheeran's song "Don't" is stuck in my head and I secretly want to take him home so Paige and I can play beauty salon and put a bunch of different hair products in his crazy fire coif. In the meantime, if you know what's good for you, you'll avoid Top 40 radio at all costs for awhile. Because make no mistake: this ginger and his earworm of a song will fuck with your head.


No comments:

Post a Comment